Courses Master Display 2019-2020
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Study Coaching Trajectory|
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Language of instruction||English|
The objective of the Study Coaching Trajectory is:
1. To support students in their development of the academic competencies as described in the program profile and selected by you
2. To foster students’ reflection on the development of their competencies
This is important since it (a) stimulates both professional and personal development and (b) helps students to orient themselves on the labour market.
The Study Coaching Trajectory (the e-portfolio, coach and buddy), aims to stimulate:
* thinking about where you want to go and what you need to develop (self-regulation and self-management)
* in-depth self-evaluation
* reflection skills
* confidence in own strengths and being knowledgeable about the weaknesses
‘You get the best effort from others not by lighting a fire beneath them, but by building a fire within them’ – Bob Nelson.
The aim of the Study Coaching Trajectory is to support students in their development of their academic, professional and personal competencies as described in the profile of the programme. The context of the competence development is the ideal job after graduation.
The activities in the Study Coaching Trajectory follow a returning cycle of
1. goal-setting: based on a self-assessment the student indicates certain competencies or skills that need to be developed
2. planning of activities: the students plans very specific and concrete actions to work on these skills or competencies and takes into account possible resources
3. reflection: the students reflects on activities and describes the influence of the actions on the development of the competencies (this may also include feedback from other).
In order to support this process, we work with a personalized e-portfolio which you can access via www.e-pf.nl. In the portfolio, you collect your learning experiences, insights and reflections. The course runs during the whole academic year parallel to other courses, and as such the e-portfolio shows your continuous personal development throughout the year.
In order to take your reflections to the next level, you are supported by a coach. Each student has an individual coach. Additionally you have the opportunity to select a buddy who supports you during your learning and development. This can be a friend, a family member, or a professional in the field.
As a student you are expected to demonstrate a high-level of self-directed learning skills.
No specific handbook.
Specific articles when necessary.
Suggestions for literature can be found in the course manual.
Study materials on the Student Portal.
█ Only for students who started the programme prior to September 2019.
Students started the programme prior to September 2019 will be able to finish their programme until September 2020 (excl.).
For the educational units which no longer will be offered as of September 2019 and which students have not completed successfully, a resit option for (all components of) the educational unit will be given until September 2020 (excl.).
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||