Courses Bachelor Display 2021-2022
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Analysis I|
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Language of instruction||English|
Learn the concepts and techniques in the field of differential calculus that are prerequisite for ‘probability theory’, ‘(applied) statistics’, ‘mathematical economics’ and ‘operations research’.
Obtain the right attitude with respect to (abstract) mathematics.
Learn to write down a correct mathematical reasoning.
Learn to give (simple) proofs.
Logic and mathematical reasoning, sequences, differential calculus of functions of one variable.
- Perform basic arithmetic operations and simplify algebraic expressions.
- Perform basic arithmetic operations with fractions.
- Solve simple (in)equalities.
- Manipulate exponentials and logs.
- Recognise the main characteristics of the graph of a function.
- Apply the arithmetic rules for differentiating functions.
- Optimize a function of one variable.
- Evaluate elementary integrals.
|Teaching methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Lecture / Assignment|
|Assessment methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Participation / Written Exam|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||