Courses Bachelor Display 2021-2022
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Operations Management for Business Analytics|
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Language of instruction||English|
* Students are familiar with different problems that occur within operations management.
* Students can recognise different problems from the field of operations management, and can select and apply an appropriate solution technique.
* Students can give an appropriate interpretation to numbers that result from quantitative solution techniques and suggest appropirate actions.
* Students are familiar with operations management practices in industry.
* Students can give an appropriate interpretation to numbers that result from quantitative solution techniques.
* Students can work in multi-cultural teams to solve operations management problems.
The course focusses on the application of techniques in the area of Operations Management. Covered topics include forecasting, scheduling and aggregated planning, supply chain planning, capacity planning and inventory management. Addressing these topics, several quantitative techniques that have shown to be successful in these areas will be applied on examples and exercises. The course combines cases, exercises and discussions, facilitated by your tutor and the students themselves. Facilitations cover exercises, cases and the reading of research papers.
Formative assessment: Feedback by tutor and peers during tutorial meetings
Summative assessment: Written exam and in-course assignments
Instructional approach: Tutorial meetings, guest lecture, in-course assignments
|Teaching methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)|
|Assessment methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||