Courses Bachelor Display 2021-2022
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Python and Web Design|
|Assessment||Pass / Fail|
Rui Jorge De Almeida e Santos Nogueira
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Language of instruction||English|
* Students are able to explain and use basic concepts in programming, program using Object-Oriented paradigm, develop basic programs in Python and use Test-Driven-Development to construct a solution.
* Students are able to use external libraries with Python, use web-development frameworks to deploy applications and dashboards in combination with Plotly and integrate REST APIs.
* Students select appropriate programming techniques to design, test and implement basic algorithms in Python.
* Students are able to create meaningful unit tests.
* Students can explain the reasoning of the developed programs.
* Students collaborate in teams of two to develop a solution.
This skills period is a follow up of the (just) completed course on programming in Java. The purpose of this course is twofold: i) to learn Python as one of the most popular and used languages, and ii) to learn several useful techniques for web and app design. The course will be offered jointly by IDS and DAD.
Formative assessment: Feedback by tutors and peers
Summative assessment: Participation and assignment
Instructional approach: Lectures and tutorials
|Teaching methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)|
|Assessment methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||