Courses Master Display 2021-2022
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Marketing Research Methods|
For more information: email@example.com
|Language of instruction||English|
In order to develop an effective marketing strategy marketing managers require an in-depth understanding of the market environment of their business. Marketing research is critical in providing relevant, accurate and timely information for marketing decision making in a dynamic global environment. Marketing research aids marketing managers in specifying, collecting, analyzing, interpreting and communicating information, so that they can choose the most appropriate marketing strategy among the alternatives available.
The main goal of the course Marketing Research Methods can be formulated as follows: To provide you with the marketing research methods necessary for analyzing data in order to improve marketing decision-making.
To achieve this objective we will:
1. Introduce relevant data analysis methods which will help to improve marketing decision-making;
2. Apply these data analysis methods in a team assignment using statistical software (such as SPSS and R) as analysis platform using a hands-on, data-based case approach;
3. Interpret the empirical results obtained from the data analysis from statistical software;
4. Present and communicate the findings in a meaningful way and
5. Provide management implications for marketing decision making using a hands-on, data-based approach.
During this course we will introduce relevant data analysis methods: (1) basic (univariate and bivariate) data analysis methods, (2) AN(C)OVA, (3) Correlation and Regression Analysis, (4) Factor Analysis, (5) Cluster Analysis and (6) Perceptual Mapping and Conjoint Analysis. The course consists of lectures and tutorials planned in tandem. During the lectures we will address the objectives of the data analysis tools, the underlying assumptions, the most important findings which can be obtained using the method, and explain how the analysis platform IBM SPSS can be used to conduct the analyses. Using practical data analysis assignments participants can apply these data analysis methods using IBM SPSS in teams. During their work on the team assignments participants requiring assistance will receive support during the Q&A session which are planned between the lectures and the tutorials. During the tutorials a team of participants will present the findings of their analyses using SPSS and interpret these findings to obtain recommendations for marketing decision-making. Participants will receive constructive feedback from a discussant team and the tutor.
Field, A. (2018). Discovering statistics using IBM SPSS statistics, 5th edition. Sage, London.
Field, A., Miles, J., and Field, Z. (2012). Discovering statistics using R, 5th edition. Sage, London.
This course has been cancelled.
The following rule applies to students who started one of the following programmes/specialisations prior to academic year 2020/21
TRANSITIONAL REGULATION (EBC4080):
* Master Business Research - No specialisation (Note: only if you are taking "Marketing-Finance" or "Strategic Marketing" disciplinary courses!)
* Master International Business - Marketing-Finance
* Master International Business - Strategic Marketing
You can EITHER do the exam/resit of EBC4080 OR replace the course EBC4080 with "Data Analytics (Entrepreneurship/Marketing/Organisation)" (EBC4265).
|Teaching methods||PBL / Presentation / Lecture / Assignment / Groupwork|
|Assessment methods||Final Paper / Written Exam / Presentation|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||