Courses Master Display 2021-2022
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Operations Research Applications|
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Language of instruction||English|
* Students learn how to understand and present state-of-the-art research articles.
* Students learn how to review academic work of other researchers.
* Students learn how to model real-life problems within various optimization frameworks.
* Students learn how to adapt, develop, implement and analyse algorithms to real-life problems.
* Students learn how to work on a practical project in a team.
In this course students will learn how to use previously learned advanced techniques from mathematical programming, combinatorial optimisation, and heuristics and search methodologies to specific classes of real-life applications in areas such as logistics, telecommunication, and supply chains. This will be achieved by studying state-of-the-art research articles and current research presentations. Students will understand, adapt, implement and analyse algorithms from these sources in order to test the validity of the approach to specific problems. Students will also work on a larger practical project in a team to learn about the software development life cycle.
Various recent research articles.
* Algorithms and Optimisation (EBC4049)
* Advanced Operations Research (EBC4051)
* problems and techniques from combinatorial optimisation and complexity theory
* programming skills
* search methodologies
|Teaching methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||PBL / Presentation / Assignment / Papers / Groupwork / Research / Skills / Coaching|
|Assessment methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Final Paper / Assignment / Computer test / Presentation|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||