Courses Master Display 2021-2022
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Research Approaches and Methods|
|Assessment||Pass / Fail|
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Language of instruction||English|
* Understand common research approaches and their differences.
* Understand how a different research approach may lead to different research results and a different way in which results are relevant for policy and society.
* Explain why and how a thesis literature review can be performed.
* Understand different methods for data collection (interviews, questionnaires, document analysis) and how to perform these.
* Understand different methods for data analysis (coding qualitative data, quantitative analysis via SPSS) and how these can be applied.
Before conducting academic research in the field of sustainability science, it is important to understand the basics of research approaches and methods used within the field. Both the choice for an approach and the method(s), influence the way in which a topic is studied and the research results.
This course aims to provide students with the basic knowledge and experience to perform a thesis-related literature review, understand the methodological underpinnings of a chosen research approach, undertake data collection and engage in data analysis in a scholarly way.
Reference list will be provided.
|Teaching methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||PBL / Lecture|
|Assessment methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Final Paper / Attendance|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||