Courses Bachelor Display 2022-2023
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Laboratory and Research Skills|
Hanne Diliën, Jordy Saya, Ramiro Marroquin Garcia
For more information: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
|Language of instruction||English|
* To be able to relate research questions to the appropriate scientific theory.
* To be able to relate scientific theory to a research experiment.
* To learn to setup a scientific research experiment.
* To familiarize students with the executing of scientific research experiments.
* To be able to perform basic laboratory experiments in a safe manner.
* To be able to analyse and process the data.
* To learn to report and communicate the outcomes in a scientific manner.
This course builds up on the course “Experimentation in Science and Engineering”. After being introduced to the lab environment, students will continue and go further on performing scientific research in a laboratory setting. Starting with the planning of the experiments and understanding their fundamental principles. The topics of the experiments are related to industrial processes that are translated to small-scale laboratory settings. Importantly, students will keep in mind safety, sustainability and time management. The course is designed in a way that incorporates chemistry, biotechnology and engineering experiments.
Relevant literature in the form of research papers will be provided during the course.
|Teaching methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Assignment / Papers / Groupwork / Research|
|Assessment methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Final Paper / Attendance / Participation / Assignment / Presentation|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||