Courses Bachelor Display 2022-2023
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Marketing and Business Analytics|
For more information: email@example.com
|Language of instruction||English|
* Students have knowledge on the core principles of marketing and marketing research.
* Students are able to address a specific marketing research question using appropriate theory and methods.
* Students are able to explain and defend the choices made during the research process.
* Students are able to select an appropriate research method based on the setting of a marketing reseach problem.
* Students present their findings on the basis of assignments, and provide an answer to the marketing research problem in its context.
* Students are aware of the latest business and technological developments in marketing research.
* Students are able to communciate their findings both orally and in writing.
* Students are able to operate in an intercultural team.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT METHOD(S) USED IN THIS COURSE IS WITH RESERVATION. A RE-EMERGENCE OF THE CORONAVIRUS AND NEW COUNTERMEASURES BY THE DUTCH GOVERNMENT MIGHT FORCE COORDINATORS TO CHANGE THE TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS USED. THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TEACHING/ASSESSMENT METHOD(S) WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE COURSE SYLLABUS.
The course Marketing and Business Analytics introduces basic marketing concepts and functions, and illustrates how modern data-driven insights can be used to fulfill these functions. Attention will be paid to market segmentation, and how firms can achieve their strategic marketing goals using the four main marketing mix instruments. A limited set of marketing research tools to support these decisions will be introduced, including customer lifetime value and cluster analysis techniques for market segmentation, marketing response models to investigate advertising and pricing effectiveness, and conjoint analysis for new product development.
Formative assessment: Feedback by tutors and peers during tutorial meetings
Summative assessment: Final exam, assignments
Instructional approach: Lectures and tutorials
|Teaching methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||PBL / Presentation / Lecture / Assignment / Groupwork|
|Assessment methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Attendance / Written Exam / Assignment / Presentation|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||