Courses Bachelor Display 2022-2023
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||(Business) Research Methods for Pre-master|
Anouk Festjens, Kristin Kronenberg
For more information: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
|Language of instruction||English|
For business research the use of data analysis is pivotal and it is the objective of this PREMASTER course to introduce students to quantitative data analysis methods for business research. To provide you with the quantitative business research methods we will:
* Introduce relevant quantitative data analysis methods for business research;
* Apply these quantitative data analysis methods in a team assignments using the statistical software package IBM SPSS as analysis platform using a hands-on, data-based case approach;
* Interpret the empirical results obtained from the data analysis in IBM SPSS;
* Present and communicate the findings in a meaningful way and
* Report and discuss findings and implications.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT METHOD(S) USED IN THIS COURSE IS WITH RESERVATION. A RE-EMERGENCE OF THE CORONAVIRUS AND NEW COUNTERMEASURES BY THE DUTCH GOVERNMENT MIGHT FORCE COORDINATORS TO CHANGE THE TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS USED. THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TEACHING/ASSESSMENT METHOD(S) WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE COURSE SYLLABUS.
This course is a follow-up to the course Academic Skills and Competences for PREMASTER. The following stages of the scientific method can be distinguished: (1) defining the problem, (2) develop the theoretical framework and hypotheses, (3) research design, (4) development of measures and data collection, (5) data analysis and (6) Interpretation and reporting. In this course we will focus on quantitative analysis for the stages: (4) development of measures and data collection, (5) data analysis and (6) Interpretation and reporting. We cover the following topics:
* Hypotheses Testing (Sample Size/Power)
* Descriptive Statistics
*Basic Analytics (parametric and nonparametric tests, such as t-test or X²)
*binary logistic regression
* Field, A. (2017). Discovering Statistics Using IBM SPSS Statistics. Sage Publications.
* Field, A (2016). An Adventure in Statistics: The Reality Enigma. Sage Publications.
Dutch, German or Belgian University of Applied Sciences (HBO) students
|Teaching methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Presentation / Lecture / Assignment / Papers|
|Assessment methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Take home exam|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||