Courses Bachelor Display 2022-2023
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Accounting Technology|
Ton van Bree
For more information: email@example.com
|Language of instruction||English|
* Students understand the basic principles of financial accounting and understand how accounting information can be used for external and internal decision-making.
* Students are able to apply data analysis methods to business problems using real-life accounting data.
* Students are able to select relevant indicators in their technical analysis of accounting problems.
* Students reflect on the limitations and validity of their analyses, as well as the implications of their results.
* Students are able to work in teams when analysing complex business problems.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT METHOD(S) USED IN THIS COURSE IS WITH RESERVATION. A RE-EMERGENCE OF THE CORONAVIRUS AND NEW COUNTERMEASURES BY THE DUTCH GOVERNMENT MIGHT FORCE COORDINATORS TO CHANGE THE TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS USED. THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TEACHING/ASSESSMENT METHOD(S) WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE COURSE SYLLABUS.
The aim of this course is twofold. First, the course will introduce students to some basic concepts in financial and management accounting. Students will learn how to read financial statements (balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement) and understand the basic principles underlying "the language of business". Second, the course will focus on the use of data analytics in accounting.
Weygandt, Kimmel, and Kieso (2019) Financial Accounting with International Financial Reporting Standards, 4th edition, Wiley, ISBN 9781119504702.
|Teaching methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||PBL / Presentation / Lecture / Assignment / Groupwork|
|Assessment methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Participation / Written Exam / Assignment / Presentation|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||