Courses Exchange Display 2023-2024
|Course Description||To PDF|
|Course title||Operations Management|
For more information: email@example.com
|Language of instruction||English|
* Know the important role and nature of operations management in international business;
* Be able to apply and develop techniques for understanding, design, and management of operations;
* Understand and be able to judge the role and functioning of quantitative models for decision making in the management of operations;
* Be able to derive managerial decisions based on the outcome of these models.
The course focusses on the application of techniques in the area of Operations Management. Covered topics include forecasting, material requirements planning, routing, scheduling of assembly lines. Addressing these topics, several quantitative techniques (mostly heuristics and metaheuristics) that have shown to be successful in these areas are applied to examples and exercises. The course combines cases, exercises and discussions, facilitated by your tutor and the students themselves.
Course notes will be made available by the coordinator. No additional textbook is required.
* Basic knowledge on the role and scope of Operations Management within Business.
* Advanced mathematical skills; ability to understand quantitative models and concepts, and apply these.
* An advanced level of English.
* Some level of expertise in PBL (Problem Based Learning).
From the above, it can be assumed that students taking this course have at the very minimum obtained the necessary knowledge in order to pass the course Management of Operations and Product Development (MOPD).
|Teaching methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||PBL / Presentation / Lecture / Assignment / Papers / Groupwork|
|Assessment methods (indicative; course manual is definitive)||Participation / Written Exam / Assignment|
|Evaluation in previous academic year||For the complete evaluation of this course please click "here"|
|This course belongs to the following programmes / specialisations||